Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rectangle Snapdragon Shawl Pattern




I used N hook.


Worsted weight yarn.


2 skeins almost used.




Chain 61. (Multiple of 8 + 5 chs.)




Row 1 (right side): Dc in fifth ch from hook, *skip next 3 chs., 5 dcin next ch, skip next 3 chs, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch; repeat from *across.




Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), turn; 2 dc in next ch-1 sp, skipnext 3 dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc, *5 dc in next ch-1 sp, skip next3 dc (dc ch 1, dc)in next dc; repeat from * across to last sp, 3 dc inlast sp.




Row 3: Ch 4. turn; dc in first dc, * 5 dc in next ch-1 sp, skip next3 dc, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next dc; repeat from * across.Repeat rows 2 and 3 for pattern.




To end the rows: single crochet in each dc ch 1 dc. then ch 2 slip stitch in the 3rd chain of "shell stitch" and then ch 2 and single crochet in each dc ch1 dc stitch and so on. I finished by half double stitch all around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Trish, I just finished the retangle snapdragon shawl with the pattern you furnished. I'm still a little rusty crocheting and ended using 3 skeins of yarn. I only got 18" for the width. The second one I started is only 18" too. I'm I suppose to chain very loosely to get a wider width? I'm using a N hook also. Over all the pattern is very easy to follow once I got started. I'm self taught, so it takes me a while to figure out patterns. Thank you very much for the pattern. I plan on using shawls as prayer shawls. I prefer the retangle shawls to the triangular ones. hugs, Kathy
    p.s. I posted a picture of the shawl on my blog.

    ReplyDelete